This salmon salad is healthy and easy to cook and is great for family get-togethers.
1 skin-on whole salmon side approximate 1.5kg with pin bones removed and at room temperature
2 cloves peeled and minced garlic
2tsp finely grated ginger
3tbsp olive oil
75g pomegranate seeds or 1 pomegranate
1tsp ground cumin
1/4tsp ground black pepper
1tsp seas salt
2 or 3 punnets micro herbs like radish, red garnet or coriander
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the entire salmon on the baking tray.
- Mix together cumin, garlic, pepper and salt, ginger, olive oil and sumac in a small bowl. Spread the marinade over the salmon and bake for 15 minutes or until just cooked through. The fish will flake when you stick a knife into the thickest part.
- Allow the fish to cool to room temperature or refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Hit the pomegranate with a wooden spoon to loosen seeds and cut in half and continue to tap the outside of the pomegranate to release more seeds. Pick out any remaining seats avoiding the pith.
- Place the cooled salmon on a platter, scatter over the micro herbs and pomegranate seeds and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.