These pinwheels are super easy to make with frozen puff pastry, and they taste divine!
2 sheets frozen puff pastry (allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator)
12 slices thinly sliced, good quality deli ham
3tbsp Dijon mustard
Chopped fresh parsley
2 cups grated gruyere
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on your worktop and unfold the first sheet of puff pastry onto the wrap. Roll pastry into a 25cm by 30cm rectangle. Spread with half the Dijon mustard, leaving a 2 cm border on all sides.
- Place six ham slices on top and sprinkle with half the cheese. Starting at the 30 cm edge, carefully roll the puff pastry into a log, tightly wrapping it with the plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes and repeat the process with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and line 2 baking sheets with paper.
- Remove the chilled logs from refrigerator and slice into 1 cm slices. You should get 24 slices from each roll.
- Place the slices 2 cm apart on the baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes until puff pastry is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, let cool slightly or serve at room temperature.